Habilclinic: Everything you need to know to apply the tests
Welcome to Habilclinic!
Habilclinic is an online service of psycho-pedagogical tests aimed at clinical or educational psychologists. This service has been developed by Habilmind. Go to the following link to learn more about Habilclinic: www.habilclinic.com (only in Spanish)
In this article you will find everything you need to know about how to apply the tests to your patients. You can access this document whenever you need it.
The tests work with any computer with an internet connection or can even be used on a tablet. The minimum size for the tablet must be 7 inches.
To apply you will need the temporary password: this is the password that will be provided to you by the counsellor once you purchase the test(s). You will be sent 1 password for each test and for each patient. Before applying, make sure you have your password ready.
The tests can be administered in the following ways:
1. Face-to-face: in the psychologist's office / cabinet.
2. Remotely: through a virtual tool such as Zoom, Meet, Teams, etc.
3. Autonomous: the patient carries out the test at his/her own time from home (depending on age and type of test). For this purpose, it is recommended to establish a time range for the test(s).
Before applying for any test, get to know its specific handbook.
1. To perform the test, you must enter the temporary password, previously generated by the counsellor. This password is unique for each patient and for each test to be applied, and will only work for one application.
There are two options for entering the password:
2. Once the password has been entered, some tests will ask for certain patient data (date of birth, sex, age and/or name). These must be entered in order to start.
3. Next, precise instructions on the test to be performed should be given (see the specific test manual). If necessary, examples can be performed together with the patient before starting the test.
4. The patient should always perform the test independently, except for younger patients who should be accompanied throughout the test.
5. The patient should make an effort to read and understand the instructions, although he/she can be helped to understand them, especially in the case of younger patients. In no case should the correct answers be indicated or suggested.
6. When the patient has finished the test, the session will be automatically closed.
7. The results will be processed immediately by the platform and the psychologist will be able to request them from the counsellor.
8. The psychologist can choose the way of sharing the results with the patient: virtual, face-to-face, with the accompaniment of the parents (if the patient is a minor and depending on the test), individual, etc.
- Check the correct configuration of the computer equipment prior to use.
- Enter the temporary password.
- Create a pleasant atmosphere, ensuring that the person being assessed is calm and serene.
- Give instructions prior to the test and explain the usefulness of the test.
- Attend to any incidents that may arise before or during the application and assist in resolving any doubts without providing or suggesting answers.
- The patient must be informed in advance about the duration of the application, as it is recommended that each test is applied "in a row", i.e. in the same session.
- The patient must prepare his or her computer or tablet with access to a camera, microphone and internet, as well as having the Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser installed.
- Preferably use headphones during the virtual assessment session.
- Be located in a place away from noise and traffic of people that may hinder, interrupt or distract the evaluation.
- Attend 10 to 15 minutes prior to the start of the virtual assessment session for technical verification: audio, camera, internet connection, screen sharing, use of headphones, etc.
- Turn on the camera.
- Turn off any visual and auditory distractions on the computer (chat, notification, automatic reminder). Also turn off the mobile phone to avoid distractions.
- If the application is performed with more than 1 patient at a time, it is recommended to deactivate/mute the microphone during the assessment and use the virtual room chat to resolve doubts or queries about the test.
- The patient should share their screen and be guided through the necessary steps and precise instructions to start the test: entering the url, setting the temporary password, etc.
- Share the temporary password with the patient prior to the application and explain where to enter it.
- Explain the purpose of the test, its dynamics and duration.
- Preferably, be available to the patient at the time the test is to be carried out in order to clarify any doubts and provide support with any incident if necessary.
Request the test report(s) from the counsellor. Once you have the test report(s), you can analyse them and use the information in your work with the patient. You can also share the results with either the patient, the patient's parents or both.
¡We wish you every success in this adventure you are about to start! We hope that the platform will be useful for your day-to-day work with your patients.